for Fairfax County
Maureen Brody was PTA president at Lee High School (now Lewis), served on a curriculum advisory board under Anthony Lane, and has been involved in educating youth her whole adult life. A lifelong county resident currently living in Springfield, Maureen graduated from Madison High School in Vienna and owns an editing business.
Practical Corrections for a System in Crisis
Refocus curriculum on fundamentals
• Students will graduate ready to serve the country, earn a living wage, or get a degree.
• Phonics, math, coding, scientific method, and grammar will take priority.
Get spending under control
• Fairfax County schools are tens of millions of dollars in the hole.
• End the waste and focus resources on academics and security.
• Conduct an independent audit.
Improve low-performing schools
• Add back languages, accelerated learning, and academic clubs and programs that have been systematically reduced.
• There will no longer be academic and extracurricular deserts in this county.
Modernize school infrastructure
• Put high-speed internet, vocational technology, working HVAC, and accessible clean water in every school.